There are countless examples of standing up to racism by athletes, sports organizations and brands, worldwide. Sports represents a reflection of society, but it can also provide a powerful means to combat racism. This global webinar will examine the state of racism in societies and sports today and provide background on how racism develops and how it can be countered. The webinar will also analyze what is currently being done to address racism through sports and provide practical and tangible ways sports can be used to battle racism.
Click here to register!
- Julia Belas | Sports Journalist | Brazil
- Dr. Francois Cleophas | Lecturer, Stellenbosch University | South Africa
- Dor Lasker | Lawyer, Member of the Beitar Nordia Jerusalem Football Fan Club | Israel
- Piara Power | Executive Director, FARE Network | U.K
- Tony Sanneh | Founder and CEO, The Sanneh Foundation, Former Professional Soccer Player | U.S.
This webinar is part of World Learning’s International Sports Programming Initiative (ISPI) —Virtual Together program, a series of virtual events, launched in the context of the COVID-19 crisis. ISPI is a program of U.S. Department of State's Sports Diplomacy division.
The series aims to engage the sports community globally, to creatively problem solve, share digital tools and work together, follow health guidance, and continue to promote active, healthy lifestyles both physically and mentally throughout this crisis. Additional modules related to these objectives are being developed and will be announced.
The webinar is produced by Digital Communication Network South-East Europe Hub and World Learning.