The webinar will address:
• Roles and responsibilities in safeguarding
• Types of abuse, and situations when abuse could happen in sports
• How to recognize, respond and report concerns
• How to handle situations when children disclose that they have been abused
• Codes of conduct for coaches, parents and children
To discuss ways to make sure that children involved in sport have a positive and rewarding experience, the webinar assembled a prestigious panel of experts:
• Kellie Magnus – Country Lead at Fight for Peace, Jamaica
• Dr. Subhomoy Bhaduri – Head of Training at Magic Bus India Foundation, India
• Yianny Ioannou – Director of Operations at TackleAfrica
• Bernie Fox – Child Protection Manager at Ulster Council, United Kingdom
Click here to register!
This webinar is part of World Learning’s International Sports Programming Initiative for Middle East, North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa Program (ISPI) —Virtual Together program, a series of virtual events, launched in the context of the COVID-19 crisis. ISPI is a program of U.S. Department of State's Sports Diplomacy division. The series aims to engage the sports community globally, to creatively problem-solve, share digital tools and work together, follow health guidance, and continue to promote active, healthy lifestyles both physically and mentally throughout this crisis. Additional modules related to these objectives are being developed and will be announced.
The webinar is produced by Digital Communication Network, a diverse professional coalition in the digital space.